Thursday, August 21, 2014

Shakespeare 1

Most people have read Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet but I have not. I did not read Shakespeare in high school but I did when I attended Holmes Jr. But I have only read King Lear and about 3 or 4 of his sonnets not counting the two sonnets I chose for this Shakespeare class. Although I have not read much of his work, I did get to see a play in Memphis, TN. The play was acted out by two people and they only did their favorite scenes from Shakespeare's plays. I did enjoy it although I do not quite understand it yet, I am hoping this class will help me get a better understanding. I will say I like Shakespeare's works. I have heard a lot about his plays, mainly Romeo and Juliet which everyone seems to have read but me. I do believe one day I am going to read Romeo and Juliet just because everyone seems to like it and I love reading anyways. I looked over the words that Shakespeare coined and I just cannot believe how many words he coined that we still use today, it amazes me. I have to wonder why or how he came up with these words when people back then did not say these until he coined them. I also have to wonder why we use these words that Shakespeare came up with, I mean other people, whether they are as famous as Shakespeare or not, might have come up with words too but we do not hear about them. I suppose this has to do with him being Shakespeare and he has so many more words that he coined than others. Shakespeare just seems like a really unique individual. I do wish I could have met him. I might not have read many of his plays or sonnets as of yet but I can tell he was very passionate about his writing. He took so long to come up with his plays and that was him being a perfectionist and I would love to be like him one day. I write sometimes but I never take the time to make sure it's perfect and once I notice that, I always junk my writing where as he seemed to have stuck with it for so long and made it what he wanted it to be. I feel like he wanted his work to be perfect for his readers and to make sure it was the best for actors to act the plays out and everyone could get something out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment